Playgroup has the support of a volunteer parent committee. This committee is elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). The AGM is open to parents of all the children who attend the setting. It is our shared forum for looking back over the previous year’s activities and shaping the coming year’s plan. The committee meets regularly and is vital to Playgroup’s smooth running. Please speak to Vicki if you are interested in being on the committee, or would like to know more about it and what it involves. We value your help.
The role of the Committee is key to the successful running of Playgroup and all parents are invited to join the committee and support their Playgroup.
How parents take part in the setting
Our setting recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children. All staff see themselves as partners with parents in providing care and education for their children. There are many ways parents may contribute to the setting, such as:
Building friendships with other parents in the setting
- Exchanging knowledge about their children’s needs, activities, interests and progress
- Contributing to the progress check at 30 – 36 months
- Sharing their own special interests with the children
- Being part of the management of the setting
- Joining in community and fundraising activities
- Accompanying the children on outings and trips led by the staff
Click on the button for more information...